Public Worship to Resume
The Cathedral is opening again for worship!
We are pleased to be able to announce that the Cathedral has resumed services. Full details of how we must adhere to Government guidelines are below:
• Face-coverings: Welsh Government regulations now make the wearing of face coverings compulsory in public buildings. This includes the Cathedral.
• The two morning services will be a celebration of the Holy Eucharist with the 9.00am service catering particularly for children and families.
• Social distancing guidelines must be maintained at all times with 5 cathedral chairs to be left clear between households.
• No service sheets will be used – the orders of service are available below to print in advance and bring with you or to follow on a phone or other mobile device by scanning a QR code in the Cathedral.
• Ritual and ceremony will be kept to a minimum.
• Communion will be administered standing and in one kind only.
• Everyone attending will be invited to complete a ‘track and trace’ card – please bring a pen!
• Hand sanitiser must be used on entry.
Please note that there will be a legal maximum capacity number and it may be necessary to impose restrictions on entry to ensure that number is not exceeded. There are a number of things we need to think about as a Cathedral community in relation to both services, if the restrictions continue please:
• fill up the seats from the front of the Cathedral first
• when you enter a row – take the end seats first
• think about the seating arrangements and choose the seats as efficiently as possible
• do not be offended if you cannot sit in your ‘usual’ seat or row
• do not be offended if you are asked to move to make best use of the seats available