Chorister Experience Day
Llandaff Cathedral Chorister Experience Day
Saturday 25th January
The Chorister Experience Day is a brand now event for boys aged 6-9 and gives them a taste for what it is to be a Chorister in Llandaff Cathedral Choir. There will be the chance to meet and sing with the 20 current boy choristers and perform a service with them. The day will also include rehearsals and workshops with the Cathedral’s professional music team (all of whom are trained in Safeguarding and fully DBS cleared), an opportunity to explore the Cathedral building – it’s 900 years old in 2020! – and even to play the Cathedral organ. At the end of the day you’ll be able to take home the memory of a fantastic day of music making and a small memento which will be made in a craft activity. There will be separate things for Parents and Guardians to do so no one will be bored!
A choristership is a brilliant opportunity and one of the best starts in life a child can have. The skills it teaches last a lifetime and equip children for many different careers. Some of these benefits include…
· A first-class musical education with professional music staff
· The opportunity to work with peers and adults to a high level, making new and lasting friends across school year groups
· Development of important life skills: time keeping, confidence and self-discipline
· The chance to be part of a musical tradition in Llandaff that stretches back centuries and includes some of the most wonderful choral music ever written
· Opportunities to take part in concerts, recordings, domestic and foreign tours
As if this weren’t enough, over the last three years boys in Llandaff Cathedral Choir have:
· Sung on live on BBC 1 and S4C television and BBC Radio
· Performed in front of Royalty several times and at other functions including the UEFA Champions League dinner
· Recorded a CD on a professional label which is now available nationally
· Performed major choral works with professional orchestras and in concerts to hundreds of people.
Boys don’t need to have any prior musical training to be a chorister; just a love of singing. Why not come along to find out what it’s all about?
To find out more or to sign up, please email the Director of Music
t. 029 2056 4554
You can find out about the Choir by visiting our website, Facebook or Twitter pages