All of our Lent services will appear here alongside Orders of Service when available. Our Lent services are listed below:
9.00am All-age Eucharist
11.15am Holy Eucharist (this service is also broadcast live on this page)
12.00pm Bishop June’s Weekly Homily – available to watch at any time after our 11.15am service
4.30pm Lent Service with hymns (This service is broadcast each week and is not a public service)
9.00am – Canon Jan’s Thought for the Week
Holy Week services will be confirmed in due course.
To stay up to date with our services and news, sign up to receive our newsletter here.
Wednesday 24th February
• Thought for the Week is based on one of the day’s lectionary readings. For the Bible online, click the following link – http://bible.oremus.org/ – then choose your version (we use NRSV in church). Copy and paste the reference into the search box (Jeremiah 5. 20-end) and the passage will be displayed.
This week is the start of Fairtrade Fortnight. For more information, click here
Sunday 21st February – The First Sunday of Lent
• The latest Government guidelines allow us to continue holding services. You are welcome to join us for our 9am All-age Eucharist and 11.15am Eucharist tomorrow. You can access the Order of Service and Weekly Notes by scanning a QR code in the Cathedral. Alternatively you can download them below. You can also watch the 11.15am service live as it happens below.
• Following our 11.15am service each week in Lent you can see Bishop June’s weekly Lent homily below.
• Each Sunday in Lent we will broadcast an Evening Prayer service with hymns which will be available to watch below from 4.30pm.
Wednesday 17th February – Ash Wednesday
• Join us for our Ash Wednesday Choral Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes which you can watch here from 7.30pm. The service is led by Canon Jan van der Lely, Canon Chancellor, and includes music by William Byrd and Thomas Tallis. You can also join in with three hymns – ‘Lord Jesus, think on me’, ‘Lead us heavenly Father, lead us’, and ‘Forty days and forty nights’.
• Instead of a Thought for the Week, today we are showing Bishop June’s Ash Wednesday message which you can watch below. Canon Jan’s Thought for the Week will return next Wednesday.